I actually got to sew! Yay! I sewed some on Sunday. I decided I wanted to try (and succeed this time) the tube quilting ruler I got at the quilt show a few weeks ago. My first go wasn't very successful. So I re-read the instructions (vague) and I watched the tutorial on YouTube that the Missouri Star Quilt Co has on there, and I decided to give it a shot - mostly successful this time! :-)
I had 4 squares after sewing the tubes together and cutting. Four successful squares. I decided to try to make a tote out of them. I had leftover fabric from what I had bought to make the tubes with (even after a few unsuccessful tries). I decided to take 3 of the squares, cut strips for the sides, and free motion quilt (fmq) all of the pieces. I've been practicing my fmqing because I'm getting geared up for using the long arm quilting machine at the local quilt shop in July. :-) :-) :-)
So here are the pieces all quilted.
Gotta close for now - storms coming!
Ok, I'm back. Storms blew thru last night and all is well.....so here are the rest of the pics and story! :-)
Notice the handles - I did blue on the light side, and a light gray on the dark side. They have batting in them and are comfy on the shoulder.
There is a pocket near the bottom - it also was not placed correctly. Again, I need practice!
Not too shabby..........
My next project will be a bag holder for my daughter since she's been asking for one for months and I haven't gotten around to making it. So that is today's project, and then some knitting. I think I finally found a knitting pattern I can follow..............lol.