Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More food

So, I decided last week that I wanted to make some Scones.  There are dozens of recipes out there of course.  I got the recipe for these off of the Food Network dot com site.  It is from the Barefoot Contessa.  She always does really great baking........so its the one I went with.

The dough was really wet, and I'm not sure I did it all perfectly and I ran out of flour when it was time to roll them out and bake them.  Sooooooooo, good hubby bought some flour on the way home and I worked it into the dough and used a knife instead of a cookie cutter.  And, I think I made them smaller than they should have been.  But they are good anyway!

O, one more thing.  Instead of sugar on top as the recipe calls for, I put crushed almonds.  YUM!  I did put some mini choc chips on some of them too.  Gotta have SOME chocolate in there!  he he

Here is the first batch of Strawberry Scones.  Thank you Barefoot Contessa!

No comments: