Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Ok, so the weather was just amazing this past weekend, and the butterflies were out, the lilacs had bloomed, and it was sunny and beautiful out.  PERFECT weather, and good photography practice!  I love butterflies.  I love lilacs.  It was so much fun to watch the butteflies flitting around and playing in the air, then landing and enjoying the lilacs. 

This butterfly was hanging upside down.

I really like this picture:
There are MANY more..............


So, I finished my place mats and pot holders for the in-laws. :-)  I think I did ok!  Here they are:

I don't like that when they are sewn, the center front isn't connected to the center back in any way.  Its just weird to me.  Instead of free motion quilting (fmq) I decided to try to mimic the flower in the floral pattern.  That is the flower in the center.  These are the "tops" of the place mats.

Below, is the bottoms:
And, here are the pot holders:
and backs:
I could have done better with the tabs, and I could have quilted them better, but this is what it is.  LOL  I enjoyed making them and will probably make more with this method of quilting (Quilt as you go).

Thursday, April 1, 2010


Ok, here is the newest thing I've worked on - nope, not sewing (yet).
I decided to try to make my own leash - personalized.  One led to another, and another.  3 different styles.  I like them.  I want to try sewing one to see if I like it, and if so, I'll learn to personalize them also.  Can't make collars yet as I haven't gotten the buckles.  Might have to order them online.........
Round black leash - first time braiding in the round.  No beads - was difficult enough just keeping it going. 

This is the black, with beads, 4 strand flat braided leash.  Its really pretty with the beads.  Below that is the brown softer suede one, with Evan's name!

Sewing Table extension

I've been busy creating - again. Only this time, it wasn't sewing.  I have done very little sewing this week.  :-(  But, I'm doing other stuff, so its all good!

So this time, I created a sewing table extension.  Or a sewing extension table - whichever.

Here it is - 2 pcs of plexi - had the lady at Lowes cut one to the size for the front piece, and then used the back piece and one whole piece for the other parts.  It's like a puzzle but when it is put together correctly, it works SO well! 

Can you see the 3 separate pieces?
It's also portable!
Heavy duty velcro that holds the pieces together- keeps them from shifting.  A piece on each side of the plexi, then one piece that sticks to the 2 pieces. 

All that is on the bottom is pvc - this is all ready cut and has smooth edges on the bottom so no need for putting any kind of felt on the bottom.  And, as wide as they are, these feet create a very stable base.

Pieces separated. 

Here is my audition wall - this is a huge piece of flannel I found at Wal Mart in the excess (already cut pieces) bin.  It was not very expensive, and is the perfect size for what I do.  It is held with 3M hooks that are easily removed from the wall, and pretty binder clips I found at the Dollar Tree - 3 in a pkg for a dollar.

I walked past it a couple of times, that's why it's wrinkled.  Easily adjusted by just pulling and rehaning on the hooks. :-)

Here is the binder clip:
Well, that's it for now.  Another post will have my newest creations.............sigh, I have craft ADHD.  LOL