Monday, July 2, 2012

Learning

I find I am learning something new every day.  It's good for the brain, they say, as you age.  Well, I'm keeping my brain plenty happy I guess.
I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to set up "pages" on my blog. Figured it all out, but then realized, after spending all that time, that the page setup isn't exactly what I'd hoped.  You can have a page for this or that, but it's not like having a separate subject page that you can put a new blog post on....it's more of a permanent place to use to store information.  Not what I was looking for.  So I guess I'll keep my blog the way it is for now.  It's not like I make money from my blog. I'm not that consistent, tho I wish I was.  I also get personal on this blog.  I'm not one of the people I admire that have something interesting to blog about EVERY day.  I am not that person that is actually that good at something that I have made a business out of it (not for a lack of trying on my part!).  I'm also not one of those people that finds and repurposes stuff so well.  I really admire those guys too! 
I digress....it ends up, I took the pages tabs off, because it just wasn't working the way I wanted.  I guess if I want to do separate things, I'll go ahead and do a separate blog for everything.  As I said above, for now, I'll just keep the blog the way it is.

This morning hubby and I went to town.  When we came out of Tractor Supply, I wanted to go across to Goodwill.  He came along.  I found some glass pieces to make a bird feeder/waterer out of and I am going to glue them together this afternoon, hopefully hanging them tomorrow.  In this awful heat, the birdies need water too!  Of course, we have 2 horse buckets out there and I'm sure the birds take advantage of that.

We did some other running around also.  It wasn't my intention to go out today.  I was going to go straight upstairs and work on my quilt - sandwiching it and starting the quilting.  I'm really tired today and I know how that stuff turns out if I am tired.  I will be going in and putting the dogs on the bed, and we'll all take a nice nap together.

Take care, and enjoy your day.  I will - nap and all.
Martha


No comments: