Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I've been absent.  I haven't really had anything to talk about.  Now that May is almost over, I guess I need to figure out what I'm doing this summer....
Summer is a time when I usually hibernate inside because of the heat and humidity.  I don't do well it it.

We had a very nice Memorial Day yesterday.  We didn't do much over the weekend - did go to some stores, did some shopping but mostly stayed home.  I have a book I'm reading - Home Front by Kristin Hannah.  I'm enjoying it a lot.  It's my kind of reading.  Has to do with a woman being in the military, and having to leave her husband and 2 little girls behind while she goes to war.  The marriage was falling apart before she left.  I won't give any more of the book away but I do recommend it. I guess I can relate as my hubby was in the military for 20 years.  Thank God he never actually went to war.........

Yesterday I did spend time thinking about my father who had fought in WWII.  What he must have endured, and what he was like while I was growing up.  I have been reminiscing about the past lately.  Not sure what that's about.   I don't like it tho. I'm one to look toward the future.

I'm a bit depressed that nothing has sold on my website www.cottage-artists.com.  Nothing from me, nothing from the 2 people that share the website with me.  I'm wondering if I will bother to renew next year.  I've done everything I can afford to do to drive people there.  I cannot afford to pay for advertising.  I was really hoping my photography would take off.  I have a small lap quilt to post on there, and I'm going to modify the purse pattern I've been using to make it more of my own, then I want to make a couple and see if they sell.  We'll see.  Variety is the spice of life, eh?

Here are some photos I took awhile back.  This goose was REALLY upset with the other goose in front if it.  The goose in front wasn't bothered at all.....this is a series of photos taken with the continuous option on my camera.





In the end, the back goose calmed down and floated away................

So that's it for today.  I'm off to sew and take some photos (because I haven't taken any lately). 

Enjoy your week.
Martha

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Martha,
Yes, Memorial Day is a time to reflect on the people who work to keep us safe. Our family has a long history of people who have served as well.

I went and took a look at your web page and in particular your cards. Such lovely subject material and you certainly have an eye!
If I may make a suggestion? Your watermark, your text giving your credit for the photo is perhaps too large and detracts from the picture. Is there someway you can reduce the font size and placement so that it is there but more unobtrusive?

There are lines of cards for sale locally here that have a clear small watermark in the bottom corner. Some just place the credit info on the back of the card stock so the image isn't marked at all.

Just some ideas that may help....
Susan