Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May!

May is my birthday month.  :-)  Yeah, I know, you think I'm too old to be happy about birthdays.  What you may not know, is that back in May, 2007, I had a major heart attack and died.  So I really celebrate May!  I'm glad I'm alive and I celebrate my age! 

So, in celebration of my birthday month, I'm holding a sale on my website, for my photo greeting cards!  You can find them here .

Yesterday, I went to my friend Jan's house for a visit.  I love going to Jan's.  The time FLIES by, and we always have stuff to talk about!
Of course, I had the camera with me.  The weather was "supposed" to be 72 and sunny.....but alas, weather.com was incorrect once again!  It was overcast and almost dark, but thankfully it didn't rain till last night.
I once again played around with settings on my camera.  I tried different lighting and even did a black and white that came out very interesting looking...........

Without further ado, I'll show you what I have....

Camera on Auto

Camera set on Cloudy Day

Camera set on Black and White
I think the first one, set on Auto with regular lighting setting, is the closest to true colors, at least on MY monitor.
I took over 140 photos.  I'll show a few today, and have MANY more for a few more posts!  Yay.



This flower is in neighbor and friend Lynn's yard.  Isn't it just beautiful?  But wait, there's another one....

This flower is SO beautiful in person!  Amazing!  I don't think my photography did it justice......


This weekend my daughter, her significant other, and the grand baby came by.  So this will be my last photo for today.  I have a lot to do, and I have to get to it.  THIS is the best beauty in my life!


Today, the farrier comes, I have to bathe Evan the Therapy Dog as we have a hospital visit this afternoon, and I have to get myself ready.  I started winding a warp the other day, and want to get upstairs this morning before it gets too hot up there, to finish winding it (it's actually a physical activity because of my warping board being so large) and I really want to get this warp on the loom!  Can't get it ON the loom till I get it wound.

I hope you all have a GREAT day and enjoy every moment of it.

Always,
Martha

1 comment:

Judee said...

Great photos! Love the one of Jia.