Friday, June 1, 2012

June!

I cannot believe it's June 1st!  Amazing.  I have NO idea where the time goes....
I've been wanting to spend more time at home, but I still feel like I'm not getting done what I need to get done.  It's because I end up running out to the store for this or that, or Dear Hubby wants to go somewhere and we end up going together.  It's amazing to me how I can have a plan in the morning, and by mid-afternoon, I'm just getting started on that plan, which then leaves me about 2 hours to do whatever it is I wanted to do.  Sigh.....
At any rate, I did get a couple of projects done this week.  That's the other thing - it's FRIDAY already!  On top of that, this morning I've been playing on the computer in PicMonkey - which is a photo editing program and it's rather fun.

 

The one above was made with a pattern.  I wanted the more free-form version but I have to play around a little.  I like PicMonkey because you open the program online, you upload your photos and manipulate them, then you save the photo back onto your computer hard drive.  They aren't stored on PicMonkey like they are on programs like Photobucket.

 I have PicMonkey on my IPad and I love it - I made a really cute collage of the baby.  I love this form of collage but have to figure out how to do this on my big computer on PicMonkey instead of on the IPad.

 I also finished a quilt and got it photographed.

Quilt front

Quilt back
It came out nice.  It's for sale on my website here.  I have about 4 more to make....gotta get on that.  This quilt is about 42" x 34". 
I also got another purse made.  I have to only show a sneak peak of it...as it's for someone that read my blog!

I think this is my favorite thing on it.  :-D 








Since I've been sitting here for the last 2 hours since I got up, playing on the computer, reading blogs and Facebook and a forum I run, I guess I'd better get up, get breakfast, and get moving before THIS day disappears too.  I have dog class tomorrow at 3:00 (I hate that it's so late in the afternoon on a Saturday) and Tuesday, I have Evan at the hospital for volunteering.  Other than that, I don't have any plans.  Wanna do lunch?  Hehe

We are supposed to have severe weather today too - not looking forward to that.  I'll be upstairs keeping busy in my crafty room.  I have ideas I want to try and things I want to do and there is so much to do and so little time to do it in!

Oops, almost forgot!  I have the new Marie Bostwick book from the Cobbled Court series.  I started it last night, and stayed up till 11:15 reading.  I really MUST stop doing that....but I get into reading something good and I only really get to read in bed...once shows are over....unless I take the time to sit and read during the day and for some reason, that feels like I'm being naughty!  lol

Take care. 
Martha



































No comments: