Friday, January 6, 2012

Yummy Pretzel Kisses Nuts!

On a blog I read (and I can't remember which one so I'll try to go find it and post a link) I read about these awesome treats - you place a Hershey's Kiss on top of a round pretzel, stick it in the oven for only a few minutes and when you take them out the kisses are soft, and you put an M&M in the center.

Well, I decided to do my take on them - first, I couldn't find round pretzels so I used these square ones that look like a grid - they are good for this because they make a little plate of sorts.  :-)  You place the Kiss on the center, place it in the oven (mine was 250* because I couldn't remember where I found the blog!) and I watched closely - did NOT walk away (I tend to ruin food because I get caught up doing something else).  So I watched and tested.  Instead of an M&M in the center (just didn't appeal to me) I used Planters Cocktail nuts in sea salt.  I placed either a whole nut, or a half nut, in the center.

Now I will tell you, they are cooled and still soft and mushy.  I don't know if they were supposed to stay soft.  A friend told me she got some for Christmas in a tin of goodies....so I don't think hers could have stayed soft....but, the issue might be that I used the Kisses with caramel in some, and ones with the soft chocolate centers in them.  I might have to buy regular Kisses (oh darn) to try them again and see if it has a different affect.

So here are the pics!
Before Baking
After Baking
Ingredients - forgot to get the pretzels in there tho!
They are VERY good - and addictive - hey, who doesn't love chocolate and salt!!!!

I'm very tired today - guess it's been a busy week and it caught up with me.  Yawn.

It doesn't help that it's 64 degrees out right now and it's nice and warm.....I could grab a blanket and pillow and fall asleep in the sun on the porch.  Supposed to be nice again tomorrow although I keep hearing not quite as warm.  But it's pretty danged nice out considering it's January in Virginia!

So that's all I have for today.  Haven't done any crafting of any sort for a couple of days (I did babysit Grand Baby Girl yesterday tho!).

Take care!
Martha

1 comment:

Amanda Cutler said...

Those look sooooo delightfully good!!!