Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I am not making any resolutions per say. I am just setting some goals for mysel which is more like a challenge than anything else.
First, I want to craft more. I want to do more variety. I've missed making my cards, but I want to concentrate on using my photographs for the cards. I want to explore the possibili of printing my photos directly to the card stock.
Which means, I also want to improve my photography both my skills and my use of the camera I have. If I can do that, maybe I can justify a better (more expensive) camera down the road.
I will be working on expanding my quilting skills also. I've joined Sewcalgirls FMQ challenge and I already love this months challenge. I do, however, have to make some practice quilt sandwiches which I tink will be from fabric I find in a thrift shop since I really don't want to use fabric I would use for quilting even tho that is what is advised we do. I just don't have that kind of fabric stash and really can't afford that. Yes, I'm cheap - um, thrifty.
I will also be exploring other quilting methods, like smaller appliqué quilts, as wel as making lap and baby quilts (do you see a theme forming here?). Yes, I am going for smaller projects.
Weaving will also be something I will explore in further detail. Most of my recent Weaving has been simple, plain (tabby) weaving. I am going to explore patterns, but I am also going to keep the projects smaller.

I am selling my large floor loom (I hope). I also have an older baby wolf loom I am going to sell. I figure I am one person, and can only work on one loom at a time. Which means I can only have one project at a time. I bought the loom from my friend who has decided she doesn't want to weave anymore. I also got a lot of yarns from her, so I won't to make use of that and hopefully not hav eto spend money on weaving yarns for awhile.
One other thing I hope to do is to get another sewing machine. I am hoping to get a janome, one that has some embroidery ability (or at least a font to use).
These are some of the challenges I hope to be able to accomplish. I also have some things I hope to get done in the house. My plan is to get at least one project accomplished a month.

So, what do you hope to improve on this year?
I've typed this entire thing on my IPad. I sure do love this thing (except when it auto corrects words and it isn't the word I wanted)
Again, happy new year. May this year bring you all good health, wealth, happiness, peace and all good things.
Martha

1 comment:

Judy said...

Downsizing your looms sounds like a great plan. I've done the same thing and it feels great to have that open space in my studio! I hope to drop some weight this year and I've lost 16 pounds so far. 11 more to go....
Here's hoping that you and your family have a healthy and happy 2012!