Friday, July 22, 2011


Well, it's was the day I helped my friend move some of her stuff.  Dear hubby went with, to make sure I didn't over-do it myself.  We loaded up the pickup truck up, I took the other car, and my friend took her van.  We got a lot of stuff over there to help get a head start.  I stayed with her at the new house, and as we were just getting done with resting and getting ready to put stuff away, Dear hubby called, and told me the truck had done some weird stuff on the way back home.  He got it home, but it wasn't safe to drive.  The truck isn't even paid for yet!  It's a 2006 Turbo F250............I never wanted that diesel truck in the first place!

I had to come home because the AAA is in my name.  It would cost a lot to tow the pickup (takes a BIG tow truck) to where it had to go to the dealership to get it looked at.  So I raced home, had some lunch, and showed my card when the tow truck arrived.

I ended up going back to my friend's old house when she got back there, we loaded up some more stuff, and took it over to the new house.  We put some of it away, and we left to come back home.  I drove her and her 2 dogs she had taken with her, so that she could leave her car at the new place, since she also has to drive the van over tomorrow.

I just got a private message from my friend.....her father just passed away.  She's from Austrailia, and had found out a week ago her dad wasn't doing well.  Before this house thing happened, she was supposed to have been IN Austrailia already this past 2 weeks.  How strange how timing works.  She has a flight already set up for Wednesday.  She HAD to get finished moving out of the old house and into the new one as the papers have all been signed and the people want to move into the house she just sold.  This house has been on the market for over 2 years, and she had to sell it for a LOT less than it should be worth.  It's a beautiful Log home.  After she and her husband met about 6 years ago, they sold their individual homes and had this log home built.  Then her husband passed away a year and a half ago, leaving her out in the country in this huge home.  She was in quite the funk for awhile.  Finally this house sold, and she was actually happy about it.  She had to put off her original trip to Austrailia and now this.  I really feel for her.

Her adult boys are going to move her.  It's been HELL week here with temperatures - today it was 103 with an index of about 120.  It was horrible.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the same.  I really feel for her boys.  But they are good kids, and good to their mum.  She's lucky to have them.

Well, that's my story for today.  My thoughts and prayers will be with my best bud in this move this weekend and then in her flight, alone, to bury her Dad.  Her Mum passed away a few years ago, and she's an only child.  Good thing she's a tough cookie.

That's about it for me.  I have to figure out how to get my new formatting on here to work.  I got my last post to work but had to do all the work after writing it.  I thought I changed the formatting to be that way all the time......but I guess not.   A techie I'm not...........

1 comment:

mainer said...

OK, I read it. Good luck with the formatting thing. let me know when you figure it out. :)