Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quickie

This will be a quickie.  It's been a busy week and I am still recuperating.  I had company, great company.  My daughter, her hubby and baby came down Sunday.  This is the first time they've all been here together.  Yay!  Love them. They are a lovely, loving couple and that baby is my grand daughter - they just don't come any cuter!  (sorry everyone, but ya know, I'm right!)  ;-)













My husband's sister and her daughter also came for a visit from KY.  It's been 5+ years since we've seen them.  I miss them.  They used to live closer.
 They've both gone back home.  I miss them.  










We went to my daughter's on Monday, and we went out to lunch.















I did some weaving today.  I'm weaving a 25" width.  I have to use a stick shuttle because I'm using Sugar and Cream which is too thick to use on a boat shuttle without having to fill it up every 10 rows.  The reach is hurting my left shoulder.  I am going to have to get that checked out.  It seems like there is always something.....I just get feeling good, and something else falls apart!  What the heck?

It has taken me a couple of days to recover.  I went running around today with my friend Rita.  We went to Stoney Mountain Fibers.  I bought more yarn.  Guess I'll have to give Tony the receipt tomorrow.....

I'm off to bed.  I'll read some.  Then go to sleep early.  Catching up on sleep. 

Hoping to get some more weaving done with the Sugar and Cream, then go to something I can use a boat shuttle with - it's not such a reach for my left arm and I think I can handle it better.  I think I'm going to have to get a different loom.  I don't think I'll be able to weave rugs like I was hoping to.  Sad, but hey, I love weaving other things.   It's ok.  


Good night. 


Martha





No comments: