Sunday, July 11, 2010

Photography......more to share.......

K, so I have some more photography to share.  This weekend has been a non-sewing weekend, although, I did get some things accomplished - decisions!  The decision on how to quilt the baby quilt has been made.  Thank goodness!  And it won't be difficult (I hope).  I'll do it on my home sewing machine.  I'll try turning my machine like I've heard people talk about doing, and try it from the end instead of in front of the machine (like normal).

Ok, so here are a few pics - I went out on the porch to try to catch more hummingbird photos.  Those little buggers are quick! LoL.   But, the "traffic" got too much out there - the dogs were out and wouldn't go out into the yard, so they kept running back and forth on the porch.  Then Jenn came out, but she sat down and was still, and the birds tried to come back............then Tony came out on the porch.  It was a lost cause by then.  We all came into the house, and don'tcha know, as soon as I sat down at the computer, the birds were back at the feeder.  Oh well............

I don't understand why my hummers are so dull in color - wish mine were the colorful ones.....but I don't seem to have those in MY yard. 

I only got one more photo and basically it's the same.  I'm going to try again tomorrow morning - maybe leave the dogs inside.  Tony works tomorrow, and Jenn has gone back home..........sigh..............

I did get a couple of nice photos of the flowers -- now if I could just remember what camera setting I used to get them....



And of course, I had to get a butterfly......but it didn't come out so well.  I guess if I put some effort into reading my instruction manual for the camera, I might get some better photos....

Can you spot the butterfly?  It is sitting on the flower right in the center of the photo.  Not one of the better photos, but hey.....

Tonight, we are having tomato and mozzarella paninis - Yum.  :-) 

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Judee said...

Lemme know about that quilting idea...what's wrong with the usual way? Works for me...