Monday, July 26, 2010

Decisions

Now that my Black Eyed Susan quilt is done, I wanted to move on.  My next project is the Precious Moments Noahs Ark Quilt panel.  I thought it would be easy to quilt.  Unfortunately, its proving to be a challenge.  So, I have deicded to hand quilt it.  Now, that would be great...but I'm not using the correct thread.  I'm using a machine quilting thread.  I wonder if this is going to cause an issue in the end?  The only thing it's causing me now is heartburn - using anything but hand-quilting thread is NOT fun.  It tangles easily and gets caught up in knots.  What a pain in the butt.  

Tomorrow I'm going to a quilt shop - I'll check there for thread, and if they don't have it, maybe I can check at the local WM to see if they have some hand-quilting thread that will match what I've been using.  I want this quilt to be special and to be together for years, so I guess I should be doing it correctly.  

As I mentioned, I'm going to a local quilt shop and I'm going to take some of my recent completed projects.  This is because they do a show and tell.  We'll see how that works out.....

Anyway, thats my update for now.  I need to take photos of the quilt so I can show it in progress......so photos to come!

Off to get dinner ready. 

No comments: