Monday, July 19, 2010

Almost there....

I'm almost there....the Black Eyed Susan quilt is almost finished.  I have to do the binding, but I realized that I was doing it incorrectly.  Gosh, I'll be glad when I am experienced enough to do this stuff without looking at my quilting bible....someday!

For now, its a good thing I got hung up - because in my rush to get her done, I almost forgot a couple of things I want to incorporate when I do my binding.  I want to put a hanging sleeve on - not a large one, just one that will allow me to hang her above my couch.  She is going to brighten up the room.  But, I want to be able to slide her down when I want to use her to snuggle under.  :-)  I dunno if that will happen tho.  I have a feeling that this is going to be my pride and joy, and that I will make something else to snuggle under!  lol

I also have to remember to incorporate a small label since I'm really proud of this quilt.  I don't want it to be a large label - just something that puts the basic info so in case anyone else likes it down the road, when I'm long gone, that they know who was the creator.  

Off I go to get her done!  Then, on to other projects.......hopefully they won't take as long as I've taken with her.....because I was so afraid of messing her up, I really took my time.  So from now on, less procrastination and more production!  

No comments: