Thursday, July 22, 2010

COMPLETE!

Finally!  My Black Eyed Susan quilt is complete!  I'm really proud of it.  It's not perfect.  It could not be entered in a show - it has a few boo boos, but I don't care.  Its mine, I did it all myself, and it's done!  Whew.  And from the mistakes....I learn what to do, or not to do, next time.  :-)


I am going to try to download a photo here from Flickr.  Don't know if I can do this or not.  Wish I had a photo editing program on my computer that was easy and fast and just mine - not some public site - so if anyone is reading this and knows of a good (inexpensive hopefully?) program to buy and install on my computer, let me know in the comments, please!













This is laying on my couch, so its a strange angle.
This is the back of the quilt.  I cut out and appliqued by hand, after the quilt was quilted.  I used 2 different batiks; one was the one I cut the petals of the flowers out of that are on the front.  The other, matches the binding which is also a companion fabric to the petal batik.  The store didn't have anymore of the petal batik when I went back to get more (it figures - lesson learned there too - if I love a fabric, buy all I can).














This is the petal batik, same as the front.  This is a close up of a heart I appliqued.














This is one of the hearts from the companion batik fabric that I also love!













This is a close up of the free motion quilting I did on the Tin Lizzie Long Arm that is located at our local quilt shop called, "That Little Quilt Shop" in Madison, VA.  I used variegated thread, which I have officially fallen in love with and will probably use for everything from now on!













Here is a close up of one of the blocks, with the fmq. 













So this quilt has a sleeve in the back.  I placed it on the long end, which in hindsight, might not have been the smartest way to do it.  The weight will probably make whatever I use to hang it, sag.  But we'll see.  I also don't know how large a bar I'll have to use in order for it not to sag....and therefore, what size will I have to put on the wall - and since I wanted it to hang above the couch, I don't know if I want to place a large bar there or not.  I might just keep this as a "using" quilt and keep it on the back of the chair, so that whenever I want to snuggle under it, I can.  Afterall, that's what it's for!  :-)

I hope you enjoy the photos.  The next project I will have more of a step by step going on with it and it will be easier to see the progress. 

No comments: