Monday, April 25, 2011

A new day

Today is a new day.  A warm, sunny, day.  A day where the bright green, Spring leaves of the trees, look beautiful against the blue sky of a bright, but overly warm, Spring day.

I decided when I got up today that yesterday was a lazy day for me, a recoup day, and today would be a day to get things done. 

Motivation.  Sometimes it escapes me.  
I made some decisions.  I won't be taking any more agility classes with Evan for right now.  Not saying I won't do it in the future, but right now, no.  I'm tired of it and not getting anything new from it and I go for 90 minutes (not including the 30-40 minutes each way, it takes to get there and back again) and I get to run him 3 times thru the course in 90 minutes because you wait for everyone to take a turn.  Sigh.  It's time to move on from that.  It's not like I'll be competing with him.  Agility is a speed event.  Evan is not a speed dog.  I'm not a speed person.  

I took out all my summer shirts.  Washed them all so they are fresh and clean and not wrinkled.  They are in the dryer, and I'm ready to hang them up when they come out.  I still have some closet cleaning to do when I get the motivation to do so.  But I did find a small wallet I forgot I had.  That's a good thing.

I did my laundry.

I decided I don't want to be fat.  

I got the warp wound, and it's almost half way threaded thru the reed.  I have to take breaks.  It's hot upstairs.  We don't want to put the air conditioner in the window, because the room has so many stink bugs now.  I think we'll try putting screen on the air conditioner so the bugs can't come thru, but the air can.  I don't know why air conditioner companies don't do that. 

I will also sneak around and close some of the vents down here now, so that we can get more air forced upstairs. 

I can only thread so much of the reed at once....staring at the reed, makes my eyes get all whacky.  I see lines when I look up.  I have weird eyes. 

I came down to take a break, from the heat and staring at the reed.  I'm going back up to finish threading the reed.  Thanks to a friend letting me borrow a dvd that I hadn't seen before, I now know a better way to thread the reed, and warp my loom.  Thank you friend!  I've read and seen some ways of doing it, but this one makes the most sense to me.  When I get my hands more used to the motions, it'll work better.  Right now it's awkward but I'll adjust. 


Off to finish my white warp. Then wind onto the loom. By tomorrow, I'll be able to weave the towels I want to weave.  Of course, between threading the reed, and weaving, I still have to thread the heddles.  I love my new heddles, but I need to order another 500.  At least.  I'll start with that - it'll give me 900 at that point and hopefully that'll be enough for each shaft.  They are shiny and new and happy, and I don't have to deal with the rusty old ones anymore (well, I will for now as I don't have enough for this project in just the newer ones, but that's ok). 


I am also waiting for brown thread to arrive from The Woolery.  It was on back order.  I should probably call them and see whether it's in or not and if someone forgot to send it.  Been about 2 weeks since the rest of my order arrived. 


Now I'm rambling.  Oh wait, that's what I do............I ramble!  That's the other decision I made............I'm going to write about my LIFE here, not just my crafting.  


Ok, that's it, time to go back upstairs and finish this warp.  We taped a movie last night (yes, we still tape to vhs tapes) and can't wait to watch it tonight.


Make your life a GREAT one!
Martha

1 comment:

Quiet Quilter said...

You ramble as you prepare to weave..sounds good to me...