Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 2

Ok, so don't pass out.  I know, two days in a row.  Hey, I'm trying!  :-)

Today I finished the panel quilt - I just finished hand sewing the binding, the not bias binding.  I decided I didn't have the patience to learn something new.  If the binding falls apart, I'll fix it.  It's all good.  I made my share of mistakes just trying to put the binding on.........from sewing the lengths of fabric together, to the last stitches, there were flubs.  But it's done.  I'm going to wash it and pray that it's ok........the colors don't run ( I have one of those sheets to catch the colors) and that it all comes out ok in the wash.........literally.

I don't know if I mentioned but I got the back of my sweater finsihed.  I've started the front.  But hands have been a bit bothered by the cold, damp weather...so can't knit as much as I'd like.  So I do a row or 2 and put it down and do other things, then try to pick it up again.

I have the invites for the baby shower mostly done - the ones that are on the list are all done.  I have a few extras that I'm going to do for special people that won't come, but I know they want an invite.  So I will work on those this week.

I also asked my friend Rita to help me out with the shower.  She said yes.  She's the closest thing I have to a sister here.  I'm so happy she said yes, it really means a lot to me.  It'll make it a lot easier to get things ready and to get this put together.  

I get to have my massage tomorrow.  That will be SO nice.  I need it.  I messed up my foot again on Saturday, but I know the massage therapist can fix it.

K, that's it for my thoughts for today.  Pics of the quilt (and the pinwheel quilt) when they are washed and dried.

No comments: