Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving Thanks, and Thanksgiving!

Hello my friends!  I hope all of you had as wonderful a Thanksgiving day as I had.  I was very lucky to have my daughter and her hubby, and the Grand Girl down for Thanksgiving.  It's a bit of a trip - yeah, in the same state, but still, when you have a little one, you work full time, and you have so much of life going on, it's hard to pack everyone up and get to Grandma and Grandpa's house!  I know, I've done it - always from another state - just as much work....and still not always easy.  So I'm grateful they got to come.

Me and the Grand Girl!     

The hubby, daughter, son-in-law, and furry kids
I really enjoyed having the Grand Girl.  It had been a long time since I've seen her.  She has lots more teeth, and she's almost walking! She can walk behind a little walking toy.  It's SO cute!
Walking!
We had a nice dinner.  Chicken, dark and light meat, baked in the oven for 2 hours.  We had Cranberry sauce, gravy, roasted sweet potatoes, potato salad (for the SIL), stuffing, broccoli, and desert - apple pie!
Apple Pie


Thanksgiving Table

First Thanksgiving Dinner!

Hubby is going to take time off in December.  We are going to clean out the office and paint it.  Do some reorganizing.  We also need to clean and reorganize our closet.....it's a mess.  I have a bunch of clothes in there that don't fit anymore (wish it was that they are too big, but it's not...sigh). 

For Christmas I think we are just going to buy some new things for the house.  We really need a new t.v. stand.  And the paint for the office.  I don't know what else we will do.  This is going to be a tight year for us - between the medical bills, property taxes, Christmas, putting up hay that will only last a few months, etc. it's been a bit tight.....I'd love an Ipad.....or a laptop (have I mentioned this a few times before?  I keep hoping a little elf will tell Santa and magically something will appear under my tree - hey, a girl can dream, right???).  But I'll settle for getting the house in a bit better order.  I wish I could get the energy and do our basement...it's just so overwhelming.  I have a hard time letting go of some stuff tho. 

At any rate, thanks for letting me share my Thanksgiving with you all.  I hope the coming holidays bring you all your wishes!

Always,
Martha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have SUCH a beautiful family!!