Sunday, March 6, 2011

First Hurdle.....

Well, I finally made it past the first hurdle I've really faced with the weaving...warping on a warping board.  Now mind you, I'm not done yet.  I wound it on.  I chained it off.  I'm afraid I've messed up somewhere with the chaining but I'm going forward.  My thumb is killing me today (injured it falling a week ago) so it's been a bit of a challenge.  Taking a break to get a snack and a drink and check in on the puter. 

The reason this was such a hurdle for me, was because I had ordered a Leclerc 21 yard warping board.  I could NOT, for my life, figure out how to get the warp to work on the board.  After spending several hours trying to make it work, I finally decided to flip my Kromski 24" harp frame over, put the pegs in it, and warp that way.  I got 4 yards on it.  I don't know if I've counted my ends correctly - hopefully I did because I ran out of the Sugar and Cream yarn that I was using, right at the end!  If it worked, then I can tell I'm following the directions correctly.....
But, I need a larger warping board.  If I'm going to all the trouble of warping, I want to get more than one project out of it, for the big loom, Lulu.  Yeah yeah, I know, I named her.  Yep.  I am warped.  LOL.  Get it???  :-)

So, there it is.  I will take my break, then go up and try to work out how I'm going to put this warp on the loom.  It seems too short for this huge loom, but, I've cut the ends of the warp, so if it doesn't work, I've lost that yarn.

Uh oh.  The computer is telling me there is an error saving....I don't know if it's because of the rain storm we're having, or what.  I'll try saving it and publishing it.  

That's all for now.


Weavin happy!
 

2 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Congrats on your success in trying and possibly succeeding on your weaving endeavor. Am anxious to see the result.

Judee said...

OK, I have no idea what you just said but the weavers probably do. LOL Good post!