Friday, September 2, 2011

I've been MIA

 There has been a lot going on in my life.  I have a surgery planned for 12 Sept.  I'm not going into detail, but let's just say, I hope that when it's all said and done, everything will be A.O.K.

I have been messing around with weaving but not really being gung-ho about it.  I did get this little gem done on the new-to-me Baby Wolf (BW for short from now on).
 This is my first mobius cowl scarf.  It didn't turn out quite like it was supposed to, but I do like how it turned out.  This is one way to wear it.














 This is another way to wear it
















And this is another view so that you can see the variations in the weaving.
The BW had the treadles already tied up, so when I started weaving, I decided to do plain weave most of the way thru, but I also wanted to throw in some interest in the pattern.  I decided to just play around with the treadling on the other tie ups and see what I got.  It was fun, and it adds some dimension to the plain weave.


I have never worked with Rayon Chenille before.  I don't know that I'll work with it again.  I have some left and it may be mixed in with some other yarns at some point, but I don't really know how it'll turn out if I do that. 
This is very soft after washing and drying.  I had really long fringe on it but after washing and drying, the fringe had tangled with each other and it was a mess.  So I sat for another 2 hours and untangled and cut and shortened and tied off again.  Now the fringe is very short as you can see in photo number 2.
The color is lovely.  I can't wait for it to get cooler out (yes, I like cooler weather) and I can start wearing it.

I have wound a warp 25" wide in dark blue 5/2 cotton.  I will be making a blanket for myself using various yarns, all in blues.  I haven't quite decided if I'll use all sizes, or if I'll just use 5/2 and/or possibly 8/2. I have some variegated 8/2 but I don't think it's enough for the blanket, so I will see how it works out.  I think I can mix and match but then the width will change during the weaving and I'm not quite sure I want to do that.  I don't plan ahead sometimes and I have to play around to see what will turn out best.  Hey, I"m a beginner and I am allowed to play - no one is paying me to do it a certain way! :-)

This is labor day weekend, and we don't do anything special.  We don't want to get on the interstate (hey, it's a zoo) and we never get invited anywhere.  I miss my grand baby (and yes, my baby too) but we just can't handle the traffic.

I've been having some issues with really high anxiety (over this upcoming surgery) and I've been trying to work with that.  Patience is short, and DH is trying his best to deal with me.

I hope to get some weaving done this week, because once I have the surgery, I'm not sure how long it'll be till I can get back to it.  Hopefully only a few weeks.  If I'm smart, I'll have a couple of warps wound, and put up, so I can play around right away when I'm able.  Meantime, I plan on doing some sewing, and I have to do some horse beads which I haven't done in forever.  I can do that while just sitting and recuperating. 

That's about it for me.  I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and has lots of fun.  I may, or may not, be back before the surgery.  Depends on my mood.....
Weavin Happy
Martha

1 comment:

mareshavefun said...

That is stunning Martha :-) I too, love the color... perfect for fall.