Friday, May 20, 2011

Where does time go?????

Seriously - does it fly for you, as fast as it seems to for me?  Yikes.
Yesterday was my birthday.  I can now order from the Senior menu at IHop.  I can get discounts at some stores on their Senior Day shopping days.  I'm the speed limit in most places.  The big 55.  Hmmmmm......

This week I got to see my granddaughter.  I love that child.  I just can't explain it.  She is so stinking sweet.  I hope she never changes.  I love the way she looks at me and smiles......I hope that never changes!

I went shopping yesterday and found a frame for my poster, finally.  Almost perfect.  At least I didn't have to cut any of the poster.

We also went to lunch at IHop, but I didn't order off the Senior menu.  LoL.  I just don't know if I'm ready for that.......

Today I went to lunch with my friend Rita.  Tonight, she is supposed to be meeting with a new Real Estate Agent.  I hope this one is a real go-getter and will sell this house of Rita's once and for all.  It's a GREAT house.  I will miss having Rita so close.  She won't move far, but she won't be driving past my house to get home anymore, once she moves, either.  I will miss that.  

I got some weaving done.  Not a lot.  But some.  I'm working on it.  I need to get moving on this warp.  I want to move on.  I don't know to what.

Don't tell hubby but I'm looking for another loom.  I think it's time to try a smaller loom and see if I like it better.  I would like to join a different guild as the one we joined, is spinning and weaving and all kinds of fiber....not really what I was hoping to find.  This other guild is probably just as far away, meets on Sunday afternoons once a month, and focuses on weaving.  That is exactly what I've been wanting. 


I'm also thinking that I may not want to concentrate on complicated weaving.  At one point, I thought I wanted an 8 shaft loom instead of a 4 shaft loom.  Now, though, I have decided I am fine with a 4 shaft loom, and that I wouldn't mind doing more plain weave (easy treadling and could actually be done on a 2 shaft loom) and using more expressive colors and types of yarns.  There is a lot I want to explore.

I still haven't cut my strips for rug weaving.  I have to order a shuttle to use for rug weaving and haven't wanted to spend the money on that.  I keep hoping for a sale!  I guess I'm going to have to break down, and just find the least expensive one, and buy it.  I do want to get started with that.  I want to at least give it a try before I give up on this big loom totally.  I could do some rug weaving on a smaller loom.  But the looms that fold and are transportable - which I think is what I want to have - aren't heavy duty enough to do them a lot.  I would have to decide if I would keep the big loom, or sell it to be able to buy the smaller loom.  Hard to decide......

Anyway, I'm hoping to find one at a decent price and close by.  One that isn't abused, and won't need a bunch of new parts to it.  

Off I go to spend Friday night with the dogs, cat and hubby. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


Martha

No comments: