Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today

Is volunteer day for Evan and I.  I started out this morning on the computer.  Moved to making breakie and lunch for my man who had to go South today for work.  Then I decided I was sick of how icky my washer looks, so I got the Windex (which I use to clean a LOT of things) and started scrubbing.  We have well water, which is very hard.  It leaves a lot of icky deposits.  I hate it.  Would love a water softener............maybe someday.

Got the washer much cleaner, and pulled out the book, which said to clean the inside, use a cup of bleach, a large load size of laundry detergent, and for good measure, I threw in some Arm & Hammer Baking soda which I get in the laundry isle (not to be mistaken for the A & H laundry detergent - this is JUST the baking soda in a larger box).  It worked really great.  Even tho we were told not to use too much bleach because of the septic system.  I know others that use bleach all the time and have no issues with their septic, soooooooo.....

Gabbi got a hair cut.  Unfortunately, I nicked her a couple of times.  UGH.  I really must start taking her to get groomed....I'm just cheap.  She also has an ear infection so she isn't feeling quite herself.  :-(  
Evan is keeping her company.  He's such a good dog.  :-)

 







I have been working on my knitting (sweater for me).
Isn't it pretty?  I love this purple.  100% cotton.  Yum.



 I've also been working on a baby blanket - crochet - for my new Granddaughter due in December.














  This is the edging.  I tried not to have any real holes that the baby can get a finger thru.







Well, its time for me to go get ready to volunteer.  Poor Gabbi will have to be here alone.  She'll be ok.

Off I go!

No comments: