Sunday, January 30, 2011

A New Month Right Around the Corner!

It's hard to believe.  Its almost February.  Someone asked me the other day, does it seem like January has gone on forever?  Yes, it does seem that way.  This has been a very long mont.  I'm really not sure why....I've been able to go visit the grandbaby about once a week.  That is so much fun.  I do wish I could be closer to visit more often.
January is supposed to be the month when the days start getting longer.  Why doesn't it seem that way?
February is a short month.  At least in theory.  Then it's March and that is usually Spring time.  That's what I'm waiting for.
But, on the other hand, I don't want to wish time away!
I'm really enjoying my weaving.  I don't have anything on the loom at the moment.  I'm in the process of organizing my craft room.  It's going slowly.  Ever so slowly.  But, that's the way I do it.  I get things out of spots, then walk away.  I think about what I want from the space.  Eventually, the right answers come to me.  Trying not to spend $ on new things - the room isn't that big.  There are already too many tables and 2 dressers in there.  
The main focus will no longer be the quilting - I really didn't get that big a kick out of quilting.  Cutting up beautiful fabric into tiny pieces, then trying to sew it together again where everything meets up, then sewing those pieces to other pieces and all those seams.  Just too much work.  Not enough fun for me.  
I've been going thru my fabric.  I have some pretty fabric.  Eventually, I do want to use it for something....I have a ton of fabric I spent good money on to make a quilt for our king sized bed.  I guess I'm going to HAVE to do something with that. 
I do wish I had a large floor loom to make rugs on.  That would be nice.  Or even weave a blanket for the bed instead of sewing it.  But, that's not what I have, so I am going to have to make do with what I do have, and what I CAN do.  :-)
Not quite sure what my next project will be on the loom.  I have some fun yarns to put together for a project - but I don't know what I want that project to be.....and I have to at least have some idea because I have to know how large to make the warp.  Maybe a bag.  I need a new bag.  That way it's not seasonal and I can show it off every time I go out.  Yep, I think that's what I wanna do.

I have ordered some more 8/2 cotton to make dish towels out of.  Spring dish towels for a towel exchange on Ravelry.  I'm excited!  I'll get towels from others too. 

I have my eye on a new (to me) loom.  There is a studio going out of business down near Richomond.  I really need my saddle to sell in the saddle shop so I can go see this loom and decide if I want/like it.  I was told by the owner it's not a loom to make rugs on.  Guess it's not sturdy enough.  I don't know where I'd put a floor loom either.  It would be too heavy to put upstairs I imagine.  Besides, I wouldn't want to take it apart to put up there.  Wonder if Honey would have an issue with it going in the dining room?  Haha.  Would have to remove the dining table and chairs.  Not like we use it that much.  Maybe I should sell THAT and then I'd have room for a floor loom AND the money to buy one!  Haha!

At any rate, that's about it for me. I'm going to change my heading photo because ever since I put the one up there with winter on it, it's been ugly winter here.  So now it's time for something beautiful!

Have yourself a wonderful day, night, weekend, week, or whatever is upcoming when you read this.  
Next post will have some projects on it - when I have time to post them.  I have been neglectful of the blog, but will try harder to be better about it.  The weather is supposed to be ugly on Tues and Weds (this is Sunday as I write) so I can post then.  Tomorrow is a trip to see the daughter and grandbaby.  YAY! :-)
Weavinhappy
Martha

2 comments:

Judee said...

Hi Martha
Happy to see you back in the blogoshere. That is one great sunrise in your header. D noticed the white stuff though and didn't like that part. Maybe you could edit that part out? Just for us warm weather folk? lol

Anna M. Branner said...

My first loom displaced the dining room furniture. :) We never ate there anyway!