Friday, September 12, 2014

September!

Wow, how the heck did it get to be September already???  This summer was extremely mild compared to most summers here in this part of VA.  It was a welcome change - then September rolled in, and it was awful!  It's been a lot like August normally is but wasn't.   Humid, hot, and rainy.  Crazy!  Today, however, is a beautiful 72 degrees (F) and breezy, and the sun comes in and out of the clouds, with lower humidity - perfect September weather!

I have the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival www.Shenandoahvalleyfiberfestival.com coming up on the 27th and 28th.  It's fast approaching!  I feel sort of ready.  I've been busy dyeing fiber, and working on spindles.  Here are some of the things I'll be offering.
Extra Long Teeswater Locks on the left, beginner spindle kit on the right.
A wide variety of shapes and weights, drop spindles, hand made.
Another hand made, bottom whorl drop spindle.
Yarn, Teeswater fleece and long locks, hand spun
Merino/Tencel 50/50 hand spun 3 ply yarn
Just one of the hand dyed combed top available.

I have a wide variety of stuff going, and since this is my first year, I'm very nervous for two things:
1.  Will I have enough product?
2.  Will I sell anything?

It's nerve-wracking for sure, but I'm just trying to go day-to-day, and have faith that all will be well. The weather is another issue I'm worrying about, but can't.  Every year we've gone up there, it's beautiful weather.  So I'm just going to count on the fact that it will be beautiful.

Which reminds me, I have to call the dog sitter!  Yikes.  We just can't leave the pups for the entire day without being able to go outside to potty and have some human time.  So we pay this really wonderful dog sitter to come mid-day, and take the pups out for us.  Makes us feel better.

I hope if you are in the area, and you're interested in knitting, crochet, spinning, or felting, you'll stop by the tent and give us a hello!










1 comment:

bspinner said...

Your colors are beautiful! Good luck and have fun at the festive.