Thursday, August 14, 2014

Oh, Hello There...

Um, yeah, no excuses.  I don't even know if I have followers anymore.  I don't pay attention.  I don't even pay attention to whether I'm ahead or behind in the scores on Words With Friends.  I don't care, I play because it's a challenge.

Business has been.......interesting this year.  Some really great months, and some that stink!

I have found out I'm in at Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival, held the last weekend in September.  It's held in the mountains in Berryville.  Here's a link if you're interested in taking a beautiful drive and spending a day in the mountains in the Fall.  If you like to knit, or crochet, or spin, or weave, come on down.

I'm excited, and nervous.  It's a 2 day festival, which we haven't done before.  It's going to be exhausting. I'm afraid I won't have enough on hand, and then, I'm afraid no one will buy anything!  It's going to be a huge experiment, and that's how I'm looking at it.  I'm going to try not to freak about it being 2 days.  We will have to get a dog sitter, to take care of the dogs in the middle of the day, both days.  We will also have to leave them 2 days in a row, which I haven't done before.  I justify it by saying, if I worked a full time job, out of the house, I'd have to leave the dogs 5 days a week!  But I don't, and they aren't used to being left that long for 2 days.  We'll be home at night, so no worries about that.  We have the horses, the dogs and the cat to worry about and feed and take out, etc.

I've been dyeing fiber and spinning yarn.  I've been washing fleece, and I ordered a lot of long locks that I have plans on dyeing.  I have been blending, making batts, for sale and for spinning. I can't wait to have it all on display, along with the commercially dyed Merino that comes in beautiful colors.

So I hope to see you there!  Come on by and say hello.

Take care,
Martha



No comments: