Friday, November 8, 2013

Dream Catchers!

Hi!  I've been MIA due to some health issues.  Seems I picked up a cold - the cold from HE&&.  Not fun.  Very contagious.  A virus according to the doctor.  Went to the doctor with a burning throat and coughing, after 5 days.  No strep.  Within the week, I had a severe sinus infection and ear infections.  Back to the doctor and antibiotics for 10 days and ear drops (which I have failed to complete - shame on me).   Then DH got it.  UGH.  He's been coughing for 2 weeks now too. I'm on week 4 and still hacking and coughing and have drainage issues.  Back to the doctor with DH but all they gave him was cough syrup with Codeine.  He took it one night but said it didn't help.  Then I read another thing about Vicks Vapo Rub on the feet.  Slather it on and put on socks and go to bed = no coughing.  What the heck - told DH to try it.  I think it actually worked last night! 

Anyway, still trying to get over the crud, but at least I'm functional now, but I wasn't for 2 TWO weeks!  I literally sat and watched t.v.  I couldn't do anything - between my face (sinuses) hurting and lack of energy and antibiotics wiping me out, I was done before I started.  I am back to DOING and that feels good!

So, on that note, I will tell you (and show you) about the Dream Catchers.  They are now photographed and edited and are looking pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.  I haven't listed them yet on ETSY, but they are on my FB page HERE .  If they don't start selling there, I'll be listing them on ETSY next week.



These are just examples of what I have available.  Don't forget, Christmas is coming SOON!  It's right around the corner.  It's always nice to buy hand made!

I used hand spun wool for these - I did add some commercial yarn on the last one pictured, mixed with hand spun.  There is a bead in each dream catcher, which stands for the spider that weaves the web.  Each one has feathers - some more, some less.  If you see one you like on my FB page, please let me know, and I'll be glad to get it right in the mail to you.  I accept Pay Pal and credit cards (done over the phone!). 

I have my latest hand spun yarn drying.  It's red.  It's very pretty.  I dyed it and spun it myself.  I can't wait to list it. There is a photo of that on my FB page also.

Thanks for checking in with me.  I hope you're ready for the cold weather and upcoming holidays.

Take care,
Martha











1 comment:

Peggy said...

Glad you are starting to feel better! Beautiful DreamCatchers. I really like Dream Catcher #14.