Wednesday, October 16, 2013

New colors

I have some new colors in the shop.  Nutmeg and brown.  They go well with the gold and red and burnt orange already in the shop.
If you're interested, take a look HERE. 

I've applied to be a vendor at Shenandoah Fiber Festival in 2014.  The venue is lovely, there is so much to choose from, and we can drive up and back. It'll make for a couple of really long days, but that's okay.  We can do it.  I hope we get accepted.

Don't forget to mark your calendar for April 2014 for the Powhatan Festival of Fiber too.  We're going to be there.

For these 2 festivals, I plan on carrying a lot of add-ins - both ecru for people to dye themselves, and some hand-dyed.  My winter mission will be to get lots of that ordered, and dyed. 

We recently had some improvements done on the house, and one of them was to add electrical outlets in the basement, and a bit more power, so I can run the microwave and/or the slow cookers.  The outside faucet (just outside the basement door) has been replaced which means I can use it for the water source.  I'll have to do a lot of in and out dumping water, but that's okay.  I also recently purchased a new spin dryer, and it works WONDERFULLY!  I'm really glad I invested in it. It will make drying fiber and yarn much quicker and less messy.

I haven't felt too well the last couple of days.  Last week, we had 5 (FIVE) days of rain in a row - steady rain - everything from a mist to downpours, but mostly a steady shower day in and day out.  I think that has affected my allergies, and I have yucky stuff dripping down my throat, it makes me cough, and I feel generally drained.  I'm resting up because I have so many ideas and things I want to get done!

I also have a rigid heddle loom on order, and I will be busy with that, once it gets here.  Fun things coming from that, I hope, with my handspun yarn and bits and bobs.

I have some new things I'm ready to try.  I want to try spinning some boucle' yarn.  I've seen it done on YouTube (where I learn almost everything I do).  I can hardly wait to try it!  I'm also going to work on some more art yarn.  I still need to photograph my dream catchers - they are SO hard to photograph - they are long, so I have to do close-ups separately.  It's hard to see the details in the distance shots.  My new camera, the Nikon D3100 is working well.  We are still getting to know each other.

Fall has arrived, even though 10 days ago, it was 90 degrees over the weekend (before the rains hit).  It's been cool and lovely out since.  I love the cooler weather and usually feel much more energetic (except when the allergies are attacking me).

That's about it for now.  Please visit the shop and buy something!  ;-)
Take care,
Martha

No comments: