Thursday, January 10, 2013

I haven't disappeared or forgotten

I've been SUPER busy!  I decided to find a new cardiologist.  He set me up for a BUNCH of tests.  Blood work, stress test, etc.  Plus I had my 6 month checkup with the GYN oncologist.  I'm supposed to go back to the allergist next week, but I'm going to cancel that appointment because after she tested me and everything came out negative, I can't really see why I should go back.  Besides, I'm TIRED of doctor appointments!

I've also been busy with business stuff.  Trying to spin, wind yarn, finish yarn, measure yarn, and socializing.  Yes, I know, socializing isn't business but if I don't socialize a little bit, I get in a funk.  So I socialized this week too.

I also spent a few hours on photography and trying out new ways to make good photos better.  This morning I downloaded GIMP but boy, it's gonna take some playing to figure it out.

Here is a close up photo of the fun yarn I made using my home-made blending hackle.  There is another photo of it here in my last post.  This photo (below) is one using the new methods I learned about using some of the options on my camera such as White Balance and ISO sensitivity. For sure, this is a better photo.

I haven't measured or priced this yarn out yet, but eventually I think it will make it onto the website for sale.

Below is a photo of the yarn I've been working on this week.  It's a beautiful Turquoise yarn, 100% Merino, and soft because it's not spun too thin.  I believe I will have 16 ounces of this when I'm done.
Below is a photo of some new fibers I got in from Paradise Fibers.  Unfortunately, I didn't get everything I ordered.  I am missing the 2 items I REALLY wanted to try - a Yak/Merino blend, and a Bamboo.  This batch of fiber is for me to see how I like working with the different fibers.  I've never spun cotton (the brown on the bottom left), or Alpaca/Merino/Silk blend (the black and white stuff).  I have spun BFL with silk and BFL top before - lovely to spin.  These are the undyed white ones on the right. The grayish in the center - that's actually BFL undyed oatmeal.  It's also lovely.  I am going to have to call Paradise Fibers and see when they think they'll get the back ordered fibers in because I really want to try them.  If it's going to be a long wait, then I think I will have to replace them in the order with something else. 



My plan is to take the undyed white fibers on the right, and dye them.  I just have to order the dyes first.  Poor DH is going a little nuts I think, because this has been an expensive month.  I need to sell more yarn, in order to make some $$$!!!!!!!!!!!

I am finding it's difficult to sell yarn online because you can't feel the yarn, and I totally get that. I'm a very touchy/feely person and like to KNOW how soft something is before I'll buy it.  I've been ordering my fibers online though, and so far, have not been disappointed!  Sometimes, you gotta take the risk.

That's it for today - I'm on my way out to return something and pick up a few things, on a trip up to the city.  It's sunny out and I want to be out in the sunshine and driving around.  Sometimes, I find I just need to get out and be by myself for some reflection time.  I can always seem to get more done alone too - I'm not distracted or feeling like I'm not supposed to do/get something if DH is with me, and I don't feel like I'm making someone else do something they don't want to if a friend or DH is with me.  I'm learning to like my alone time.

I hope you are having a super month, and a great start to your new year.
Take care of yourself.  Be true to yourself.  Find your own happiness.  Remember to always believe in YOURself.

Always,
Martha











No comments: